I will QRV from Niaufo'ou Island (OC-123), Kingdom of Tonga as A35JP/P between 28 September to 4 October 2016. It has been 6 years since last activation of A33A (by K6HFA). OC-123 is located 570km north of the capital Nuku'alofa, and is shaping volcanic rim approx. 8km in diameter with 650 population.
- Callsign: A35JP/P
- Operator: JA0RQV, Masa
- Schedule: 28 September - 4 October 2016
- QTH: Esia village, Niuafo'ou Island (OC-123)
- Band/Mode: 80m-6m/CW&SSB
- Rig/Ant: IC-7300 100W/Vertical/VDA
- QSL info.: via my home call JA0RQV, SASE (US$2)/Bureau/LoTW/Clublog
- Mailing address:
Masato Tamura, 2086-13 Daitakubo, Minami-ku, Saitama-city 336-0015 JAPN
It will be the most challenging DXpedition in my ham life ever because:
- There is no water supply (only rainwater is available)
- There is no commercial power (have to find generator in the Island)
- There is no accommodation facilities. (not sure where will I stay...)
- There is no internet (I will upload log after I return to civilization)
- Lots of mosquitoooooo...
- Very few schedule flight (only once in 3 weeks. I have to ask charter flight from Niuafo'ou to Vava'u)
- Can not expect enough food (I must take food for a week)
- Unreliable flight. Apology in advance that I might cancel this plan if flight canceled
- and, sorry to say but this is business trip therefore I can QRV only in spare time.
In case flight for OC-123 canceled, I might QRV from Vava'u Is. (OC-064) or Ha'apai Is. (OC-168) instead.
Donation welcome! Please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the air!!