The Daily Dot
Polaroid seems to be getting stranger by the day.
The once king of instant photos died a slow death at the hands of the digital- photography revolution, but it has since been resurrected. Polaroid's latest creation is a strange mix of obsolescence and futurism: An instant camera that prints physical photos, but does so without using a single drop of ink.
The Polaroid Snap is a slim white rectangle with rounded edges, like something you’d see in an '80s sci-fi movie where the vision of the future is curvy and milky white.
It captures photos at 10 megapixels, saves a digital version to your SD card, and then prints out a 3-inch by 2-inch paper version on its fancy “ZINK” zero-ink photo paper.
ZINK paper is actually a multilayer material comprised of colored-dye crystals stacked on top of a base layer.
The transparent crystals are invisible at first, but colorful once activated. When you snap a photo, the printer heats the crystals to render the image without using ink.
The resulting photos are smudge proof, water resistant, and also won't tear easily, which makes the camera a solid bet for kids.?
The Snap is like a somewhat watered-down version of Polaroid’s Z2300 instant digital camera, doing away with the video recording and LCD screen and focusing instead on rekindling the photo-printing magic that the company became famous for.
Copyright 2015. Follow The Daily Dot on Twitter.
More from The Daily Dot:
- Here's why dolphins are so smart
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler rocks out a duet with a street performer
- Bernie Sanders tops Hillary Clinton by 9 in New Hampshire, gains in Iowa
- John Jay High School football players suspended for tackling referee
- State Department to develop cybersecurity 'playbooks'
- michael kors tote bag
- These were clothes that had clearly been given ...
- Michelle Ochs is half Filipino
- Bad girls do it better, and for Pre-Fall
- The search for Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzmán...
- These charts show the immensity of the US' defe...
- These are the 5 trendiest sneakers guys can wea...
- CREDIT SUISSE: One Direction's Harry Styles is ...
- There are 2 different Europes right now ― Germa...
- この記事のトラックバック Ping-URL